|Outside the Classroom||
- Peer mentor, Economics
- Peer mentor, New College Residence
- Presented speech on behalf of the student body, Nelson Mandela Memorial Service, University of Toronto
- Student panelist, University of Toronto yearbook redesign
- Student representative and Gonfalon Bearer, Installation Ceremony of President Meric Gertler
- Tutor and mentor for a secondary school female student living with a learning disability
- Tutor, Math and English, Centre for Community Partnerships
- Analyst, Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- Economics Intern, Tax Unit, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ghana—performed administrative roles, worked on team projects, and embarked on field projects in banks and financial institutions.
- Economics Intern, Impact Infrastructure (AutoCASE), Toronto
- Program Assistant Intern, Zawadi Africa Education Fund, Ghana—assisted academically gifted, but financially disadvantaged, girls in Ghana to apply for university scholarships in North America and parts of Africa. That was my give-back project as I learned about U of T MasterCard Scholarship as a Zawadi Scholar.
|New College Impact||
New College played an instrumental role in my academic and leadership excellence. Firstly, my New College Registrars immensely supported me through course selection, deciding on my majors, and post-graduation plans. Moreover, the Equity Studies program of New College was the best option as a second major since it gave me a real-world perspective on Economics. Through this course, I was able to identify my interest in public policy and social justice. In my final year, New College awarded me with a scholarship for academic excellence, and also afforded me the opportunity to meet President Meric Gertler at a special New College Dinner.
Furthermore, New College organized various leadership training programs which were very essential to my success as a student leader at U of T. I partook in various floor and house activities that improved my teamwork skills. In my final year, I was given a priceless opportunity to serve as a Residence Peer Mentor where I provided assistance to residents in areas such as Academic Success, Career Preparedness, Mental Health and Wellness. I acquired a lot of great skills and knowledge in this position.